Friday, January 14, 2011

Inspiration for Aerial Project


I grew up staring out airplane windows. I have always loved the way that an entire landscape can be flattened and made to fit in a small oval window. I can only imagine what astronauts feel like when they look out their windows; when they are flying high above the earth. It must be such a spectacular feeling to look down and see the world from this angle.

Here are some amazing aerial photographs that i found on the Life magazine website. They are all taken from the Columbia and Challenger 5 space shuttles. The colors are just incredible, aren't they? I'm so inspired by the color palettes in these landscapes. The shapes in some of these images are so abstract that they feel like line drawings or paintings.




I talked briefly in my last post about the aerial project that I have been working on for the past year. Images like these have been so inspiring for me to look at while thinking about how to make the pictures and how to deal with the color palette of the project as a whole. I will post the pictures from this project early next week. Have a great weekend, where ever you are out there in the world or in space.








No comments:

Post a Comment